Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Right as Rain

Today, I felt better than I have in a long time, walking back from campus to Club Wilkins.

A lot of people don't understand why I like techno/trance. They say it's repetitive, that it's hard to get into, etc. It may be repetitive, but an old track is like an old glove, you know where it fits, you rise and fall through its crescendos, and certain 10 second long sections are pure seratonin.

Part of the reason I'm feeling so good is the ability for my mind to slip into music while thinking. Blue Man Group's tracks "Mandelgroove" and "PVC IV" on Audio hooked me today while walking home, and I got thinking. I am at peace. I have no regrets.

The Diamond Age has been spectacular so far. I haven't felt this much for a set of characters in a long time. I haven't felt this connected to an idea in a novel for a long time. Maybe it's all the introspection that is helping me see who I want to be and who I am.

At peace,

Matt

No comments: