Monday, December 27, 2004

Farenheit 9/11 reaction

I just watched Farenheit 9/11. I am not sure what was supposed to be such a big deal about it - I mean, I had heard about horrible images in it and I'd heard lots of interesting things about the movie. However, I have a friend who was in Iraq for a year, and I'd seen the Abu Gharib pictures and I'd read about wounded soldiers. It made it more clear the horrible things done in the name of protecting ourselves from Hussein.

I probably watched the movie 6 months too late - I am guessing if the movie hadn't come out I wouldn't have heard all of this through second hand sources. The movie also probably would have meant more if I hadn't seen Bowling for Columbine.

However, the movie does not endear me any more to the Bush administration, it does not make me any more proud of the US in Iraq. Hopefully the country can support itself quickly and we can get our soldiers home soon.

This seems more appropriate than normal:

Peace

Matt

No comments: