- Visit the Frank Lloyd Wright houses Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob. (I've never been to Kentuck Knob - it's a shame since it's 7 miles from Fallingwater)
- Visit Kennywood. It's the best old-time amusement park in the United States. Their halloween evenings ("Phantom Fright Nights") are great.
- Visit Sarris Candies in Canonsburg. The ice cream parlor is old timey and the milk shakes are fantastic.
- Visit Phipps Conservatory. Heck, go several times. They do a great job changing the flowers for the seasons - I love the Christmas poinsettia display, I love the butterfly exhibit - I pretty much love it whatever they do. And I'm not a flower guy.
- Go down by Heinz Field at night - preferably when there's nothing going on across the river. The city by night across the river is serene.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Five things every Carnegie Mellon student should do before graduation
If you spend more than a year in Pittsburgh, you should try to do all of these: